to be inspired

aroused, animated, or imbued with the spirit to do something, by or as if by supernatural or divine influence

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Black Friday

Pin It Now! While I did not go to the major retailers on Black Friday (it's rare that I do) we did get out and walk around downtown Aiken, South Carolina.

A quaint southern town, with a large equestrian community. Rich in history, Aiken was built as an equestrian warm winter hide out for northerners in the early 20th century. We've enjoyed traditional horse shows, polo matches, (YES, you get to stomp in the divots like you're Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman) and strolls thru the beautiful Hopelands Gardens. check it out...http://www.cityofaikensc.gov/index.php/residents/sports-recreation/parks-gardens-and-natural-areas/hopelands-gardens/

Polo in Aiken, an 1800's pastime..learn more here...http://www.302polo.com/about.htm

My sister in law owns her own business as an equine therapist (check her out here...http://www.resultsequinetherapy.com) she does amazing work.

Aiken really is the Saratoga of the south and always a lovely place to visit!

So on this Black Friday I found myself in exactly the kind of place I like to shop. At the Aiken Antique Mall, filled with so many unique equestrian antiques! I fell in love with these chairs, no they wouldn't fit in my car, so they're they sit..if you are ever in Aiken don't skip treasure hunting!!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover